Durashade pro-rata UV warranties conditions:
Pro-rata warranty applies to: Durashade™ covering that is fitted by the supplier or an approved installer. The client must provide a copy of the original sales invoice, and quote the production code that is printed on the greenhouse film. A sample and a site visit by the supplier’s representative may also be required.
Pro-rata period: Starts at time of delivery to site when the Durashade is under the customer’s control. If this time of delivery cannot be proven by the client then the warranty period starts within 10 days of the supplier’s date of dispatch for the invoice.
Pro-rata warranty period ls Materials only and pro-rata UV warranty only, Warranty does not include any incidentals labour, freight etc. see conditions and exceptions below. Also see pro-rata warranty “how to calculate” formula below.
Pro-Rata warranty “general information”
Greenhouse films that are manufactured for Redpath Pacific Ltd ® use state-of-the-art 3-layer manufacturing extrusion equipment, and are also submitted to rigorous quality controls, according to ISO 9001 requirements,
Durashade is supplied with a New Zealand industry standard commercial greenhouse film pro-rata UV warranty for the stated life of the product. The reason that the industry uses a pro-rata type warranty is that it is a “known fact” and an “industry acceptance” that a greenhouse film will begin its UV degradation process from date of installation and that it has a “finite life”.
Listed below are the pro-rata warranty periods for Durashade greenhouse film against premature UV- degradation. No other form of degradation is warrantied or offered by Redpath Pacific Ltd (see conditions)
A detailed warranty conditions sheet and operator’s installation and handling guidelines is also supplied with every order of greenhouse film dispatched by Redpath Pacific Ltd. These guidelines must be followed.
Period of pro-rata UV warranty Durashade 215 = 4 seasons (48 months)
Durashade 215 micron New Zealand 4 winter seasons, 3 Summer seasons
4 seasons is a maximum period of 45 months, including no more than 12 winter months and 9 summer months
How to calculate pro-rata warranty:
In case of premature failure proven to be caused by faulty manufacture and UV-degradation before the pro-rata warranty period, the supplier will offer a discount from the purchase price for replacement material only direct to the end-user. Pro-rata UV warranty is according to the formula
D% = (WL-AL) / WL X 100
D% = Discount percentage
WL = Warrantied life of film, in months
AL = Actual life of film at time of failure, in months.
Limitations of this warranty:
Warranty Conditions and Exclusions: Please refer to instructions and conditions supplied with goods also.
- Extreme acts of weather e.g. Tornado, winds above 140kph*, Large or unusually sized or shape Hail, Snowfall above 500mm deep, pest/animal damage, fire, embers etc. are not covered.
*Gust measurement may be from any location within 50km of the greenhouse site.
- Mechanical damage / conflict of materials: Failures due to mechanical damage by puncture, impact from debris or contact with plants, steel or copper clamps, The film must be protected from the structure in respect to rust, sharp points, resin exudation from wood, wood tanalith or stabilisers, greases, petroleum, either tar etc. use of PVC protective tapes or coating paints which are not acrylic based, are expressly excluded from this warranty.
- Forces from uncontrolled source: Flying debris (branches from trees etc. that might cause initial puncture damage), Farm machinery, Tools, Birds – Animals-Pests, Fire, Ash, Extreme heat (+ 60deg C or more), Extreme cold (-10deg c or more) Malicious acts and Vandalism, etc. are not covered
- Fair wear and tear, abrasion, elongation from temperature fluctuations etc. is not covered by this warranty. The surface of film which is in contact with the greenhouse frame must be covered with suitable protective tapes.
- Chemical attack of the cladding is not covered by this warranty E.G exposure to petroleum, fertilisers, chlorine, sulphur, based products including paints, cleaners, unsuitable frame materials such as tanalised timbers, PVC pipes, oil based or PVC or solvent paints or shade paints, sterilizing agents, and localised outside sources. Effect of pesticides / chemicals used within or nearby the greenhouse film as shown by presence of S, I, CU, AS, HG, TI and hydrogen rings at a cumulative level exceeding 400ppm in the film, F, CI, BR, I at a cumulative level exceeding 100ppm in the film and/or Fe at a level exceeding 80ppm in the film, improper handling, conservation or installation of the film, improper condition of the greenhouse.
- ULVM misters that saturate greenhouse claddings via floating fog or mist are not recommended and may limit warranty claims.
- Any alterations or repairs made to the original cladding, building and or holding systems that may have an effect on the life of the film over and above the original design.
- Lack of maintenance requirements on the covers and clipping systems by the Client.
- Fitment of film to unsuitable design or non-engineered structures that do not allow for the films limitations of physical strength compared to hard claddings. Use of bare timber, tanalised timbers, PVC tube or pipe, PVC straps or tape, flexible and abrasive straps, cables, wires that may scuff or damage the film.
- Minor variations in diffusion, or plastic distortion, fold lines, creases, scratches, which can or may occur naturally during the manufacturing and or ageing process. Shading factor or % is not warranted and may vary dependent on design of structure, date of film manufacture.
- The supplier shall in no event be liable to the buyer for loss of profits, or special, indirect or consequential damage, or labour, travel etc.
- This warranty does not remove any rights that the customer might have under New Zealand law.
Procedure for verification of claims:
- A sample of at least 0,5 m2 from the damaged area of film must be sent for analysis and identification of the causes of failure to the manufacturer within 1 week from noticing a failure, including the following information: type of film, dimensions, production code, date purchased, date installed, kind and condition of structure, crop, pesticides used and their frequency, place where film failed, digital photographs plus the quantity of film (dimensions and amount of covers) that is claimed to have failed as well as any other information reasonably asked by the manufacturer.
- The manufacturer and/or the representative must be allowed to inspect the site, if required
- In case the inspection and/or analysis held by the manufacturer’s lab reveal that failure is due to the quality of the film, the above conditions of warranty will apply. Once samples and all information have been received – then Lab analysis will require up to 6-10 weeks as the film is manufactured and tested overseas.
- The user has the right to submit the film to an independent laboratory that will carry the necessary tests and its option on the cause of failure. Results will be available to both parties. The cost of such independent analysis is covered by the user (unless otherwise agreed).
- NOTE: In case of any failure or pending failure, user is responsible to minimise any damages that could occur.
For more information refer installation guidelines supplied with the greenhouse film or Free Ph 0508 733 728