UP TO 48m LENGTH
WIND STRAPS INC
Quick-build budget calf shelter 6m width
Redpath Quick-build budget calf rearing shelters are a simple and durable solution to providing a warm natural light environment to raise healthy happy calves. We have supplied hundreds of these shelters nationwide to happy customers.
This design is straightforward to build in 6m width. They are typically erected by local fencing contractors, handyman or owners within a few days by two persons (depending on the size).
You can purchase the easy-build calf shelters direct from us and this helps keep them cost effective.
They can be ordered in many different lengths up to 48m (longer buildings quoted upon request). The Quick-build shelter uses no concrete for their foundations and instead using ground ‘screw anchors’ which are included with the building and secure the framework to the ground giving owners a straightforward and speedy assembly process.
Redpath Quick-build budget calf shelters are designed to be erected by the owner, or local fencing contractors etc.
Heavy duty Duratough 215 micron clear vinyl roofing is used for the roof /sides and ends. Duratough is the thickest grade extruded animal shelter film supplied in New Zealand. Duratough has a quality UV stabiliser giving superior long-life performance. Replacement covers are simple to fit and typically cost less than 10% of the building value.
We manufacture these buildings to order with a lead time of 20-25 working days for dispatch. The Quick-build budget calf shelters do not include design engineering for council, as they are a non-permanent structure.
The 6m width shelters are supplied with ‘open ends’ You can then select the following options:
Option 1: Fit a ‘header rail option’ approximately 1.2m above the ground on one side or two sides. Allows the calves to utilise indoor or outdoor yard space.
Option 2: You can fit a ‘roll up wall blind’ on one side or two sides, This improves ventilation of the shelter for the control of temperature and humidity.
Option 3: Select the type of ‘ends’ required. Choose a ‘door end’ or a ‘closed end’. If you choose no ends the ends will be open.
Option 4: Choose a high wind option if you have an exposed site, this includes additional steel arches and ground anchors
- Span / Bay Widths: 6m
- Arch spacing length ways: 1.5m
- Sidewall height: 1.6m nominal
- Apex height: 2.7m nominal
- Side ventilation: – Available as an option
- Roof & Wall cladding: Heavyduty Duratough 215M included
- Frame Guard Tape: Polyguard fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic included
- Doors: Choose “door ends” option below if required
- Closed ends: Select “closed ends” from the options below. You may have One or two “closed ends”
- Footings: Screw anchors are included with this building
- Wind load: Designed for sheltered sites, Higher wind option also available (see below)
- Installation: No, – Kitset only. Simple to erect, some basic tools & skills required.
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 1 Year manufacturer’s parts warranty applies
- Engineering: Not included, relocatable design temporary shelter for non-permanent use
These shelters are manufactured to order, and a lead time of 15-20 working days applies.
Up to 48m length, longer lengths also available
See our current special for each width below link will take you to our specials page
Any questions? – use the enquiry link below, or call us on Free Ph 0508 733 728