YOU SUPPLY THE POLES – WE SUPPLY THE ROOF !
The Redpath rain canopy is used for rain and frost protection to give improved climate control over of orchard and other large scale traditional outdoor crops such as berries, vines or native trees / plants. The canopy meets the needs of customers seeking a competitively priced easy to build basic shelter that will lift soil and air temperatures, extend the growing season and provide a covered workplace for staff.
This Redpath Canopy is supplied as a ‘roof only’ kit. The customer supplies their own timber poles and attaches the canopy design to them using Redpath’s fasteners and complete overhead framework/covering. The customer can choose the pole height that best suits their needs.
Usually the timber poles are rammed into place and there is no concrete for foundations, the canopy is speedy to erect with the use of common orchard equipment (hydraladders etc), and basic tools only required.
Redpath provides an assembly manual with step by step instructions.
Rainfall drops to the ground between the canopies hoops along the pole lines. The span of each hoop is available in a variety of different widths of including, 7m, 8m and 9m spans although other span widths are manufactured on request. You can connect as many span widths as you like side-by-side, and length is unlimited.
Basic Specifications & Comparisons:
- Span width: 7m, 8m or 9m spans (custom width also)
- Length: Unlimited
- Cladding: Heavy duty long life Duratough 215mu + clear roof cladding is used. (superior life and strength to similar systems with thinner roof claddings)
- Cladding security: Redpath’s fastening system utilised to secure roof covers at their edge (similar systems allow the roof to be non-retained and exposed to wear and tear), Throw over dampening straps are also included to retain roofing.
- Heavy gauge M12 arch to pole connection bolts included
- Heavy duty arches – 60mm OD hot dipped galvanised, swaged end connections for simple assembly
- All roof bracing , and hot dipped galvanised purlins
- Polyguard soft felt frame barrier tape to protect cladding from steel frame
- Canopy apex height is governed by the clients timber pole selection and span of arch selection.
- Design is generally compliant for undulating ground
- No concrete required, client to use/supply timber poles with or without a top rail dependent on your needs (arch can connect directly to your pole or to a timber rail)
- Pole spacing lengthways – between 2.5m and 3m is typical for NZ conditions.
Free Ph for more information – 0508 733 728