Arch Tunnel Designs
Arch tunnel house spans overview
The Redpath tunnel design as pictured above is one of Redpaths most popular greenhouse buildings with 1000s of these commercial buildings installed nationwide. They use long life box section arch hoops and poles, with strong plate connectors and 12mm bolts and nylocks, and folded steel 'walk-through' long life gutters are standard.
This gives a robust and durable greenhouse for NZ wind-loads and provides a simple assembly process. Standard arch spans are 6m, 8m, or 9.6m. Any of these spans may be inter-connected side by side for a multi span layout. Lengths can be anything from 12m through to 150m or more.
These designs are popular for shoulder-season crops, nursery crops, berries, fruits, vegetables and flower crops that require protection from the outside environment.
Supplied with either Duratough 215 micron singleskin cladding or energy efficient twinskin cladding, Or upgrade to the NZs thickest greenhouse cladding - super heavy duty Durashelter 260 micron for a very modest cost. Crop support, Overhead shade or thermal screens can be included in the design.
Ventilation being provided by either manually operated or automatic roll up sidewalls, Gable ends may also be clad in shadecloth to allow simple escape of warm air through the gable area.
Forced airflow fan extraction systems with rack and pinion side vents is also an option.
Insect or pest screens may be fitted to all ventilator openings for pest exclusion if required.
- Span / Bay Widths: 6m, 8m or 9.6 metres
- Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts (spacer beam to give 6m centers is an option)
- Height to gutter options: 3m, 3.5m, 4m, or 4.5metres
- Apex height: Up to 6.5 metres
- Side ventilation: - Standard roll up wall, manual or optional automatic using Polyweave reinforced cladding. Rack & pinion side vents also available or forced air fan with cooling inlet pad system is also an option.
- Vent drive mechanism: If supplied for sidewalls- European quality motors and controllers, indirect Geared rack and pinion system
- Roof cladding: Single-skin or Twinskin Duratough 215 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) (10 Year Durashelter also available)
- Wall cladding: Single-skin or Twinskin Duratough 215 micron 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) (10 Year Durashelter also available). Shadecloth cladding in half height or full height 3.66m also available (white or green colour). Polyweave reinforced cladding is also an option
- Greenhouse film anti-fog package: Reduced drip impregnated greenhouse film included
- Frame Guard Tape: Polyguard fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic included
- Gutter design: Wide "walkthrough" Vee gutter, steel , gives easy & safe access to roofline.
- Doors: Sliding door with aluminium framed, aluminium base sheet with clear acrylic top section panels, doors may be in end or sidewall
- Footings: Typically 1.3 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependent)
- Wind load: 145kph, greater if required
- Crop loading: 15kg m2, greater if required, crop kit system included on request. (overhead wire location by client)
- Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 30kg m2
- Kitset supply: Yes, can be all pre-drilled ex factory for easy frame assembly on site
- Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing.
- Main assembly: all bolted design, Rubber sleeves (3mm thick) fitted to all poles at ground contact for superior anti-corrosion
- Warranty: Yes, Redpath 5 Year gold series manufacturer's warranty, with extra warranty on coverings
- Shade or Thermal screen system
- Environmental controller with wind-speed, wind direction, rain, internal temperature control of side vents
- Insect screening or bird screening of side vents optional